We are currently obsessed with Miss Dahl's banana bread - straight from the oven, lather with butter (NOT margarine) this is divine - and great for the kids lunchboxes.
This cookbook is a delight - the pics are beautiful -the recipes divine.
|Available at fishpond.com.au|
• 75g butter - make sure it is soft
• 1 egg, beaten
• 170g (1 1/2 cups) flour (I use spelt -best not to use a SR flour)
• 4 ripe banana's mashed up
• 200g soft brown sugar (I like the dark brown sugar)
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon bicarb soda/ baking soda
• pinch salt (pink salt flakes are best)
Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease a 30cm x 23cm loaf tin.
Pour mashed bananas into mixing bowl. Mix in butter, sugar, egg & vanilla extract. Add bicarb/baking soda, salt and flour and mix. Pour into prepared tin - bake for 1 hour. After one hour take out the bestest, moistest banana bread - eat and enjoy. (I use a loaf tin as the next day I will toast the bread for breezy)
And the kitchen in which Ms Dahl creates her delights..... well it is not actually her home - but a home that is rented for various productions - but who cares it is beautiful, ahh the the white floors...